like lambs to the slaughter
безропотно, покорно, "как агнец на закланье"
Our baseball players went like lambs to the slaughter to meet the best team in our area.
- like it or lump it
- like a three-ring circus
- separate the sheep from the goats
- like a ton of bricks
- as gentle as a lamb
- like waving a red flag in front of a bull
- like father, like son
- like a bump on a log
- like a fish out of water
- Like it's such a big deal!
- like nothing on earth
- look like something the cat dragged in
- look like (something)
- like getting blood out of a stone
- like a deer caught in the headlights